Why Do I Need A Raven Account?
As a Raven Scanner owner you have access to a FREE Raven account. This includes as well our Free Cloud service with Unlimited Storage, but the real question is, "Why Do I have to have one to use my Raven Scanner?"
At this time a Raven Account is required for the use of logging into the scanner and accessing the user interface/app of your Raven Scanner Pro or Original. With a Raven Account you will be able to:
- Setup all of our offered 3rd party destinations such as Box, DropBox, Evernote, Google Drive, OneDrive, OneNote, SharePoint, NeatFiles, NeatBooks, and QuickBooks Online.
- Support Multi User Settings such as Switching Users.
- Retain your contacts and Scanning history.
- Have unlimited storage.
- Robust PDF editor with many features such as document signing, editing, etc..
Although a Raven Account is required to access and use your scanner, scanning to Raven Cloud is not. Raven Cloud can be hidden on the scanner directly to avoid sending to Raven Cloud if desired.
Privacy and Security
At Raven one of our number one priorities is Privacy and Security!
Encryption in Transit and at Rest
- Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) / Transport Layer Security (TLS) are used to protect data in transit between Raven Applications and with third parties
- Data and files at rest automatically encrypted with several layers of encryption using 256-bit Advanced ecryption Standard (AES) for all storage buckets and databases.
- Data for file storage is split into chunks, and each chunk in encrypted with a unique data encryption key. Each chunk is disturbed across our storage systems and replicated in encrypted form for backup and disaster recovery.
Your Documents, Your Data
- Your document data is used only for the purpose of creating and sending documents to your selected destinations.
- Documents are never stored on Raven Cloud, unless Raven Cloud is chosen as a destination. When scanning to 3rd party destinations, document data is purged after transit to the chosen destinations.
- Raven will never sell, trade, rent, or license your files, images, or other data that originates from your Raven scanning activities or that is stored in your Raven Cloud account, at any time, for any purpose.
- Two-Factor authentication (2FA) is available requiring additional two-step verification by SMS, Phone, or Authenticator App during login.
- OAuth authorization protocol is used when connecting to third party cloud services, providing secure delegated access to send documents to your preferred cloud service.
- OAuth generates a token and secret for Raven to use to authenticate, without ever sharing user login credentials to the third party service.
- Access scopes can be limited, allowing users to choose the level of access granted to Raven.
Ultra Secure Data Centers
- Data centers for document storage include state of the art layered security including electronic access cards, alarms, vehicle access barriers, perimeter fencing, metal detectors, and biometrics. Data center floors are protected by laser beam intrusion detection, and are monitored 24/7 by high resolution cameras and AI-Detection for intruders.
Why Can't I Use My Scanner Offline?
The Raven Scanner requires a direct connection to the internet due to the following reasons:
- Maintain the newest software version for new features, bug fixes, etc..
- Ability to connect and scan to 3rd party cloud services such as: Box, DropBox, Evernote, Google Drive, OneDrive, OneNote, SharePoint, NeatFiles, NeatBooks, and QuickBooks Online.
- The ability to apply OCR on to your documents to make them searchable.
Does Sending to a USB Drive Require Internet?
Yes, at this time the ability to send to a USB drive does require Internet connection, but if OCR is disabled and you are sending to only a USB flash drive then your document is only created and sent locally and will not travel outside of your unit regardless of having your direct internet connection.
Full offline mode with no internet connection for the Raven Scanner Original and Pro to be able to send directly to USB or SMB.
If you have any questions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-800-713-9009.