Listed here is some tips and tricks for scanning on your Raven Compact and also for scanning an assortment of size of documents together.
To avoid the occasional multi-feeds or paper jams, please fan your documents and align the top edges before feeding them into the compact scanner.
- Hold both ends of the documents and fan them a few times.
- Rotate the documents 90 degrees and fan them in the same manner.
- Align the edges of the documents in a step-like pattern(see picture).
Scanning a Stack of Documents With Various Sizes and Weight
When scanning a batch of documents with different sizes and weights, be sure to follow the following guidelines to avoid a skewed image or a paper jam:
- Align the documents TOP EDGE first in the sequence of paper size from large to small.
- If two pages are of the same size yet with different weight, arrange the pages in the sequence of paper weight from heavyweight to lightweight.
- Align the edges of the documents by tapping the bottom of the stack against the table top.
- Center these pages in the document feeder and make sure that the edges of the page of the largest size slightly touch the paper guide.
If you have any questions please don't hesitate to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-800-713-9009.