Your scanner is designed to be maintenance-free. However, constant care and maintenance can keep your scanner working smoothly! Here are a few ways to keep your scanner cleaned up when you need a little refresher.
Cleaning The Touchscreen
- Wipe the touch screen monitor with a wet cloth first then wipe it with a dry cloth.
Attention: Do not spray cleaner directly onto the scanner glass. Excess liquid residue may fog or damage the scanner.
Cleaning the ADF
After using the scanner for a long period of time, the rollers and glass inside the scanner may become contaminated with ink, toner particles or paper dust. It is necessary to perform routine cleaning to ensure the optimum image quality and performance. As a guideline, please clean the rollers and glass after first 4,000 to 5,000 scans and then perform the cleaning on a weekly basis. Note that the guideline varies according to the type of documents you are scanning.
Tip! If documents do not feed easily, if several documents feed at the same time or if streaks appear on the scanned images, it is time to clean your scanner.
- Soak a clean cloth with some isopropyl alcohol (95%)
- Press ADF release button to open the front door to the left. Wipe and rotate the ADF Roller until the surface is completely removed from dust.
- Wipe the rubber part of the ADF pad. Be careful not to damage the pick springs.
- Close the scanner front cover. The scanner is now ready for use!
Cleaning the Glass
- Press the ADF Release Button. Open the front door to the left.
- Wet a clot with some isopropyl alcohol (95%).
- Wipe the glass and the white area as illustrated below to ride the dust or dirt.