Loading Documents into your Raven Scanner 2nd Gen Original:
- Load the stack of documents face down with the top of the pages pointing into the feeder.
- Verify that the paper guides are aligned with the edges of the stack by sliding the paper feed guides in the automatic feeder tray.
Avoiding Paper Jams:
To avoid occasional multi-feeds or paper jams, please fan your documents and align the top edges before feeding them into the scanner.
- Hold both ends of the documents and fan (flip through) them a few times.
- Rotate the documents by 90 degrees and fan (flip through) them in the same manner.
- Align the edges of the documents in a step-like pattern (see picture). It's just like fanning magazines or pamphlets on a table.
In the event of a paper jam, follow the procedures below to remove the paper:
- Press the ADF Release Button on the right side. It's a button above the Raven symbol/top right of the screen. Gently open the Scanner Front Door. The screen will fold down towards you and you'll be able to see the paper!
- Carefully pull the paper out of the ADF unit.
3. Close the scanner front door. Your Scanner is now ready to use.
What if more than one sheet is being pulled into the scanner?
- Open the scanner front door using the ADF Release Button on the right side. It's a button above the Raven symbol/top right of the screen.
- Remove the multi-fed sheets.
- Close the front door.
- Flatten the corners and edges. Loosen the paper before putting it into the paper guide again.
- Check the feeding roller condition. If necessary, follow the cleaning directions and perform the cleaning.
What if paper becomes skewed in the scanner?
- Use the slide guide to keep the paper path straight.
- Check the condition of the feeding roller. If necessary, follow the cleaning directions and perform the cleaning.