Below are simple steps to replace rollers for your Raven 1st Gen Original Scanner.
1st Gen Raven Original Scanner Roller Replacement
(serial numbers beginning in 553 or 554)
1. Open the panel unit by pulling the black panel unit open lever.
2. Remove the paper tray by pinching the white tabs on both sides of the paper tray to remove it. You'll see arrows pointing out next to the tabs.
3. Next to the feed roller, you'll find two tabs pointing up. Remove the feed roller by pinching these tabs on sliding them to face forward. Then you can just pull the roller out when you feel it pop loose.
4. Install the new feed roller by aligning and inserting the feed roller back in place. Once it's in place, you should be able to slide those black tabs so that they are facing upward again (flush with the back of the scanner tray). If you're having trouble getting the tabs to slide up, you might have the roller in backwards. Try flipping it around and see if that works!
5. Install the paper tray by aligning and inserting the tabs of the paper tray into their slots on the scanner. Make sure it's really in there. That's one thing that can cause problems later on!
6. Close the panel unit by pushing it back down until it snaps back into place.
But if you have any questions or need any help, don't hesitate to reach out to us at email@example.com or call 1-800-713-9009.