Scanning using TWAIN allows users to scan directly to PC with their preferred third-party scan application. In some cases, a user may be using NAPS2 as a third-party scan application. Scan settings must be made in your application of choice
Follow the steps below to change scan settings in NAPS2.
- Open your browser and access the NAPS2 website. (You may also click the link provided in this description to access NAPS2 website.)
- On the landing page press DOWNLOAD NAPS2 6.1.2.
- Select the location where you would like to save the file and then press SAVE.
- Locate the downloaded file and double-click to open the file or right-click and select open. (You may receive a pop-up modal stating "Do you want to allow this app from an unknown publisher to make changes to your device?", select yes.)
- Click OK on the Select Setup Language pop-up after you have chosen your preferred language.
- Accept the License Agreement and press NEXT to continue.
- Destination Location option will appear, press NEXT.
- Start Menu folder is pre-selected, click NEXT.
- You now have the option to create a desktop shortcut, select the checkbox if you would like the icon to appear on your desktop and click NEXT.
- Click INSTALL once you see the Ready to Install pop-up on your screen.
- Press FINISH to complete the installation and open NAPS2 for the first time.
Configuring NAPS2 with your Raven Scanner.
- With NAPS2 open on your Windows PC select PROFILES on the top menu.
- Press the NEW button on the Profiles pop-up modal.
- Enter/Select the listed options
- TWAIN Driver
- Press CHOOSE DEVICE
- Click on the Raven Scanner listed - Press SELECT
- Resolution (We recommenced 200dpi for most scans.)
- Select OK to finalize your changes. (Please note: change Paper source to DUPLEX in order to scan both sides of a document).
- Once you have completed the above steps, press SCAN to complete your first scan.
- To save your document(s), press SAVE PDF and enter a name for your document.
Now that you have installed the required TWAIN drivers along with a third-party application, you can enjoy scanning directly from the Raven Scanner to your Windows PC.