Connecting your Raven 1st Gen Original or Raven Plus Scanner to your Mac enables you to scan using your preferred third-party application as long as your Raven Scanner and Mac are on the same network.
Follow the steps below to scan from the Raven 1st Gen Original or Raven Plus Scanner to MAC.
Enabling Network TWAIN on your Raven Scanner.
- Press the GEAR icon at the top right corner of the screen.
- Select SETTINGS from the side menu.
- Under SCANNER SETTINGS select TWAIN SETTINGS.
- ENABLE TWAIN slider.
- Click SAVE to verify the changes.
Installing Raven Scanner Network TWAIN drivers.
- Download the required Network TWAIN drivers for Mac.
- Being installation of Raven Network TWAIN drivers by right-clicking (ctrl + mouse click) an selecting OPEN.
- Raven ICA Scanner will now open. Right-click (crtl + mouse click) and select OPEN.
- Install Raven ICA Scanner window appears, select CONTINUE.
- Select INSTALL on the next screen to prompt the installation.
- Press CLOSE once the installation has completed and you are shown the installation was successful.
Scanning with Mac Image Capture.
- Launch Image Capture from your Mac.
- Select "Raven" in the scanner devices list.
- Set scanning options. You may need to click "Show Details" to see all the available options. You can choose any of the following:
- Choose the type of image being scanned: Use the Kind pop-up menu.
- Choose Text for black-and-white images with high contrast, such as a document; choose Black & White for grayscale images; and choose Color for color images.
- Change the resolution to at least 200dpi, but up to 600dpi for extremely high quality scans
- Adjust the size as needed
- Select the orientation based on how you will feed into the scanner tray.
- To scan both sides of a page: Select Duplex.
- Choose where to save the scanned items: Use the Scan To pop-up menu.
- If you choose a folder, the items are stored in that folder. If you choose an app, the items are opened with that app.
- Name your scan (will be the file name).
- Select your preferred file type (e.g. PDF)
- Check the box to "Combine into a single document" if you want all pages to be a single document (e.g. one PDF). NOTE - you must change the name each time you scan or it will combine with the last document of the same name in the folder you selected.
- Click "Scan"
- After the scan completes, a window will open where you can click to open your scanned documents, or you can open the destination folder you selected.
Note: If scanning fails using USB connection please try all possible USB ports as some ports may be assigned for specific devices.
If you have any questions, our support team is happy to assist at 1-800-713-9009 or email@example.com.