Paper powder, dust, ink and toner from paper being scanned may make the inner ADF
dirty, which leads to poor image quality. If your scans are showing lines, black dots, or other quality issues, your Raven Scanner contact image sensors may need cleaning.
Steps to Clean the Contact Image Sensors
- Unplug the device and the AC power adapter before cleaning.
- Open the front scanner panel by pressing the black/gray button on the top and pulling towards you.
- Use Disposable Raven Document Scanner Cleaning Wipes, or locate a soft, dry, lint-free cloth (or a cotton swab) and wet the cloth with the isopropyl alcohol (95%) or glass cleaner. DO NOT use water. Do not spray cleaner directly onto the scanner glass. Excess liquid residue may fog or damage the scanner.
- Locate the two horizontal glass image sensor strips inside the scanner panel (see images below). They may have a white or black line under the glass.
- Gently wipe the glass and the white/black area to rid the dust or dirt.
- Wait for cleaned areas to dry completely.
- Close the panel unit by pushing it back down until it snaps back into place.
Raven Original and Plus Image Sensor Location
Raven Pro Image Sensor Location