Paper powder, dust, ink and toner from paper being scanned may make the inner ADF
dirty, which leads to poor image quality or document-feeding errors. If your scans are showing lines, black dots, or other quality issues, your Raven Scanner contact image sensors may need cleaning.
Steps to Clean the Contact Image Sensors
- Unplug the device and the AC power adapter before cleaning.
- Open the front scanner panel by pressing the black/gray button on the top and pulling towards you.
- Locate a soft, dry, lint-free cloth (or a cotton swab) and non-abrasive cleaner (Isopropyl alcohol or glass cleaner). DO NOT use water.
- Wet a clean cloth with the isopropyl alcohol (95%) or glass cleaner. Do not spray cleaner directly onto the scanner glass. Excess liquid residue may fog or damage the scanner.
- Located the two vertical glass image sensor strips inside the scanner panel (see images below). They may have a white or black line under the glass.
- Gently wipe the glass and the white/black area to rid the dust or dirt.
- Wait for cleaned areas to dry completely.
- Close the panel unit by pushing it back down until it snaps back into place.
Raven Original and Plus Image Sensor Location
Raven Pro Image Sensor Location