With your Raven Scanner, scanned data can be stored to a shared folder (SMB folder) on a connected Windows PC, Mac or Network Attached Storage (NAS) on the same local area network (LAN) as your scanner. From a computer connected to the network, you can access the shared folder and the saved scan documents. Note that hidden folder shares are not supported at this time.
Adding a Network Destination
- From the main scanner home screen, tap the "Destination" tile to open the destination menu
- In the top left corner, tap the "+ Add" button
- From the + Add menu, choose "Network"
- NETWORK SETTINGS screen will now appear.
- Enter a DESTINATION NAME (the name entered here will be displayed on your Destination Menu).
- Locate and enter the IP ADDRESS or FULLY QUALIFIED DOMAIN NAME (FQDN) for your SMB share.
- Type the FOLDER NAME of the folder on your SMB share. (Please note: if you type <folder name>/<child folder name> it will upload into the child folder…. However, if you just type in <child folder name> then it will upload into that folder as well. Additionally, folders containing "/" will not be accepted).
- USERNAME is the username that the user is set up for your SMB share (if required).
- PASSWORD is the users password that is used to log in to your SMB share (if required).
- Click TEST CONNECTION to verify connection (Test Connection will upload a temporary file to verify setup is complete).
- Press SAVE to finalize your changes.