No matter which scanner you have, you're going to get some amazing features. The 2nd Gen, Pro, and Standard all feature:
- Blank Page Detection
- Automatic Deskewing
- Scanning to email
- Anti-Jam technology
- Automatic updates
- 600 dpi capability
- Ability to function on both Mac and Windows
That's a ton of amazing things these scanners can do! Each model also features over-the-cloud scanning. The 2nd Gen, Pro, and Standard can all scan directly to any of our supported destinations which include Raven Cloud, Google Drive, Evernote, Dropbox, Box, Microsoft SharePoint, Microsoft OneDrive and Quickbooks Online. Take a look in a Help Center for more information on the full range of destinations our scanners provide!
The 2nd Gen, Pro, and Standard can also scan to your computer using TWAIN drivers. All three models can scan to a Windows PC and Mac computer by downloading Raven Desktop. After you install Raven Desktop, you will be able to control the scanner from your computer using Raven Desktop, or by using any third-party scanning application that is TWAIN or ICA compatible.
To help you make an informed decision, here are the major differences between the 2nd Gen Original, Raven Pro, and Raven Standard scanners:
- Standard: 11.3 x 5.3 x 6.3 in
- 2nd Gen: 11.2 x 7 x 6.5 in
- Pro: 12.44 x 8.15 x 7.01 in
Feeder Capacity/Pages per Minute
- Standard: 50 page capacity/40ppm
- 2nd Gen: 50 page capacity/40ppm
- Pro: 100 page capacity/60ppm
LCD Screen Size
- Standard: 1.8" display
- 2nd Gen: 8" display
- Pro: 8" display
Maximum Paper Size
- Standard: 8.5" x 35"
- 2nd Gen: 8.5" x 35"
- Pro: 9.5" x. 35"
- Both the 2nd Gen and the Pro allow for Wi-Fi, USB, and Ethernet scanning. They also allow for SMB connections, fax (US only), and flash drive destinations.
- The Standard is USB only. It also doesn't allow for SMB connections, fax (US only), or flash drive destinations.
- The 2nd Gen and the Pro both offer the automatic rotation feature. However, the Standard does not.