Connecting your Raven Scanner Pro to your PC using Network TWAIN enables you to scan using your preferred third-party application without the need for a USB cable.
Follow the steps below to scan from Raven Scanner Pro to your PC.
Installing Raven Scanner Pro TWAIN Drivers.
- Download the required TWAIN drivers for your PC by clicking here.
- Open the Raven Scanner Pro driver by double-clicking on the .zip file or by right-clicking and selecting Extract files.
- Now navigate inside the folder and select the setup file. (This may also be shown as setup.exe)
- Raven - InstallShield Wizard will appear with Choose Setup Language screen. (Select your preferred language and click next.)
- Raven Setup will now open. Click NEXT to continue installation
- On the License Agreement screen select YES.
- TWAIN driver should be selected, press NEXT to continue.
- Begin installation by pressing INSTALL.
- Click FINISH to complete the installation of Raven Scanner Pro TWAIN drivers.
Installing Virtual Scanner Link.
- Download the required Network TWAIN application (Virtual Scanner Link) by clicking here.
- Open the Raven Scanner Network TWAIN application (Virtual Link) by double-clicking on the .zip file or by right-clicking and selecting Extract files.
- Now navigate inside the folder and select the setup file. (This may also be shown as setup.exe or Setup with the file type of Application).
- Select YES to allow this app to make changes to your device if prompted.
- Press NEXT to begin installation.
- On the License Agreement, select YES.
- Click FINISH to complete installation of the application.
Selecting Your Raven Scanner Pro.
- Open Virtual Scanner Link on your PC.
- Locate your Raven Scanner Pro and validate by verifying IP Address (Locate on your scanner by selecting the Gear icon, Network, Advanced) or MAC Address (Located on the bottom of your Raven Scanner Pro).
- If your scanner is not shown select OPTIONS.
- Enter the IP Address shown on Raven Scanner into the SEARCHING ADDRESS field.
- Select OK.
- Press REFRESH to display list.
- Select your Raven Scanner Pro and select CONNECT.
- Once connected exit the application.
Installing A TWAIN Compatible Scanning Application On Your Windows PC.
- Open your browser and access the NAPS2 website. (You may also click the link provided in this description to access NAPS2 website.)
- On the landing page press DOWNLOAD NAPS2 6.1.2.
- Select the location where you would like to save the file and then press SAVE.
- Locate the downloaded file and double-click to open the file or right-click and select open. (You may receive a pop-up modal stating "Do you want to allow this app from an unknown publisher to make changes to your device?", select yes.)
- Click OK on the Select Setup Language pop-up after you have chosen your preferred language.
- Accept the License Agreement and press NEXT to continue.
- Destination Location option will appear, press NEXT.
- Start Menu folder is pre-selected, click NEXT.
- You now have the option to create a desktop shortcut, select the checkbox if you would like the icon to appear on your desktop and click NEXT.
- Click INSTALL once you see the Ready to Install pop-up on your screen.
- Press FINISH to complete the installation and open NAPS2 for the first time.
Configuring NAPS2 with your Raven Scanner Pro.
- With NAPS2 open on your Windows PC select PROFILES on the top menu.
- Press the NEW button on the Profiles pop-up modal.
- Enter/Select the listed options
- TWAIN Driver
- Press CHOOSE DEVICE
- Click Raven - Press SELECT
- Resolution (We recommenced 200dpi for most scans.)
- Select OK to finalize your changes. (Please note: change Paper source to DUPLEX in order to scan both sides of a document).
- Once you have completed the above steps, press SCAN to complete your first scan.
- To save your document(s), press SAVE PDF and enter a name for your document.
Troubleshooting Tip: When searching for your scanner within Virtual Scanner Link if your scanner is not being displayed, restart your scanner by disconnecting the power source and powering back on.
If you have further questions regarding this feature please contact Customer Support at 1-800-713-9009 or email@example.com.