Connecting your Raven Original or Raven Plus Scanner to your PC enables you to scan using your preferred third-party application as long as your Raven Scanner and PC are on the same network.
Follow the steps below to scan from the Raven Original or Raven Plus Scanner to your PC.
Enabling Network TWAIN on your Raven Scanner.
- Press the GEAR icon at the top right corner of the screen.
- Select SETTINGS from the side menu.
- Under SCANNER SETTINGS select TWAIN SETTINGS.
- ENABLE TWAIN slider.
- Click SAVE to verify the changes.
Installing Raven Scanner Network TWAIN drivers.
- Download the required Network TWAIN drivers for your PC.
- Open the Raven Scanner Network TWAIN driver by double-clicking on the .zip file or by right-clicking and selecting Extract files.
- Now navigate inside the folder and select the setup file. (This may also be shown as Raven Network Twain V6.exe)
- Choose Setup Language screen. (Select your preferred language and click OK.)
- Raven Network Twain Setup window appears, select NEXT to continue.
- Choose Destination Location modal is shown. Click NEXT to continue installation.
- Click FINISH to complete the installation of Raven Scanner Network TWAIN drivers.
Installing and Scanning with NAPS2.
- Open your browser and access the NAPS2 website. (You may also click the link provided in this description to access NAPS2 website.)
- On the landing page press DOWNLOAD NAPS2 6.1.2.
- Select the location where you would like to save the file and then press SAVE.
- Locate the downloaded file and double-click to open the file or right-click and select open. (You may receive a pop-up modal stating "Do you want to allow this app from an unknown publisher to make changes to your device?", select yes.)
- Click OK on the Select Setup Language pop-up after you have chosen your preferred language.
- Accept the License Agreement and press NEXT to continue.
- Destination Location option will appear, press NEXT.
- Start Menu folder is pre-selected, click NEXT.
- You now have the option to create a desktop shortcut, select the checkbox if you would like the icon to appear on your desktop and click NEXT.
- Click INSTALL once you see the Ready to Install pop-up on your screen.
- Press FINISH to complete the installation and open NAPS2 for the first time.
Configuring NAPS2 with your Raven Scanner.
- With NAPS2 open on your Windows PC select PROFILES on the top menu.
- Press the NEW button on the Profiles pop-up modal.
- Enter/Select the listed options
- TWAIN Driver
- Press CHOOSE DEVICE
- Click Raven Network TWAIN- Press SELECT
- Resolution (We recommenced 200dpi for most scans.)
- Select OK to finalize your changes. (Please note: change Paper source to DUPLEX in order to scan both sides of a document).
- Once you have completed the above steps, press SCAN to complete your first scan.
- To save your document(s), press SAVE PDF and enter a name for your document.
Now that you have installed the required TWAIN drivers along with a third-party application, you can enjoy scanning directly from the Raven Scanner to your Windows PC.