Note: Raven Scanners can support hard drives with up to 500 mA output.
The following steps allow you to partition and format your external hard-drive to FAT32 format which is required when scanning directly to USB with Raven Scanner Pro. (Please note: back up any and all information from your external hard-drive as this process may erase documents if done incorrectly. Raven does not take any responsibility if your files are damaged, corrupted, or deleted.)
- Download MiniTool or your preferred product to partition the external hard-drive.
- Install MiniTool by following all prompts.
- Once installed, connect your external hard-drive to your Windows PC.
- Open MiniTool and select DISK & PARTITION MANAGEMENT.
- Locate your external hard-drive (In most cases this will be Disk 2 +)
- Right-click on the external hard-drive to display an additional menu.
- Locate and select SPLIT.
- Split Partition modal will appear. Please allocate your desired GB space within the NEW PARTITION SIZE and press OK.
- After selecting OK, you will find the external hard-drive is now partitioned. On the newly created partition, please right-click.
- After right-clicking on the new partition, select FORMAT.
- Enter a PARTITION LABEL.
- Next, change FILE SYSTEM to FAT32.
- Press OK to to verify the changes made.
- Finally, press APPLY at the top left corner of the screen.
- The "Apply Changes?" modal will appear. Press YES to verify you want to make the changes above to your external hard-drive.
- Apply Pending Operation(s) modal appears displaying the current state of the changes.
- Once completed a SUCCESSFUL modal will appear. Press OK to close.
To verify these changes have taken effect you can access "This PC" and right-click on the drive, select properties and view the format of the newly created partition. If you have follow the mentioned above steps and are still seeing the "There is no detected USB in the scanner" error please contact Customer Support at 1-800-713-9009 or firstname.lastname@example.org