Connecting your Raven Pro Scanner to your Mac enables you to scan using your preferred third-party application.
Follow the steps below to scan from the Raven Pro Scanner to your Mac.
Installing Raven Pro TWAIN drivers.
- Download the required TWAIN drivers for your Mac (macOS 10.15 Catalina or earlier)
- Connect the Raven Scanner to your device. (This requires the use of a USB A to B cable).
- Open the Raven Scanner Pro driver by double-clicking on the Raven Scanner Pro .dmg file.
- On the Avision Scanner pop-up select AVISION SCANNER.
- Install Vision Scanner modal will appear and may ask if you want to continue with installation due to an expired certificate, click CONTINUE.
- You will now be on the Introduction screen of the installer, press CONTINUE.
- For Destination Select, please select your preferred installation place on your device.
- After selecting your destination, click INSTALL on the Standard Install on "Macintosh HD" screen. (If prompted please enter your macOS password to complete installation.)
- Select CLOSE once the installation was a successful screen has appeared.
Scanning with ExactScan.
Raven is proud to offer you a FREE Exact Scan license with your Raven Pro Scanner purchase. Simply email us your order number and request to firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 1-800-713-9009 to receive your license key.
Scanning with Mac Image Capture.
- In the finder, please open up Image Capture.
- Select "Raven" in the scanner devices list.
- Set scanning options. You may need to click "Show Details" to see all the available options. You can choose any of the following:
- Choose the type of image being scanned: Use the Kind pop-up menu.
- Choose Text for black-and-white images with high contrast, such as a document; choose Black & White for grayscale images; and choose Color for color images.
- Change the resolution to at least 200dpi, but up to 600dpi for extremely high quality scans
- Adjust the size as needed
- Select the orientation based on how you will feed into the scanner tray.
- To scan both sides of a page: Select Duplex.
- Choose where to save the scanned items: Use the Scan To pop-up menu.
- If you choose a folder, the items are stored in that folder. If you choose an app, the items are opened with that app.
- Name your scan (will be the file name).
- Select your preferred file type (e.g. PDF)
- Check the box to "Combine into a single document" if you want all pages to be a single document (e.g. one PDF). NOTE - you must change the name each time you scan or it will combine with the last document of the same name in the folder you selected.
- Click "Scan"
- After the scan completes, a window will open where you can click to open your scanned documents, or you can open the destination folder you selected.
Scanning with Avision Capture Tool.
- In the finder, please open up Avision Capture Tool.
- Press the SETUP icon to open your scan settings.
- Select FRONT AUTO DETECTION and REAR AUTO DETECTION if you would like to auto detect the sides for the document scanned and click OK to save. (Documents must be face down, top facing the user in order to be scanned in the correct orientation.)
- Press SCAN to scan the documents loaded in the feeder tray.
- Select PDF as your file format and press the SAVE icon to save your scanned documents.
Now that you have installed the required TWAIN drivers along with a third-party application, you can enjoy scanning directly from the Raven Pro Scanner to your Mac.