Connecting your Raven Pro Scanner to your Windows PC enables you to scan directly to your computer, and to control the scanner using your PC.
Downloading and installing Raven Desktop (Beta)
Raven Desktop is currently in Beta and provides a seamless means of connecting your Raven Pro Scanner to your Windows PC by completing a single installation. Along with the TWAIN drivers, Raven Desktop provides an intuitive scanning application to control the scanner and scan to your PC folders, network drives or cloud destinations. While in Beta, some features and functionality may be limited. We would love to hear your thoughts, suggestions or areas for improvement so that we can update accordingly!
You can access the knowledge base for how to use Raven Desktop by clicking here.
Installing Raven Scanner Pro TWAIN drivers for third party applications
- Download the required TWAIN drivers for your PC.
- Connect the Raven Scanner to your device. (This requires the use of a USB A to B cable).
- Open the Raven Scanner Pro driver by double-clicking on the .zip file or by right-clicking and selecting Extract files.
- Now navigate inside the folder and select the setup file. (This may also be shown as setup.exe)
- Raven - InstallShield Wizard will appear with Choose Setup Language screen. (Select your preferred language and click next.)
- Raven Setup will now open. Click NEXT to continue installation.
- On the License Agreement screen select YES.
- TWAIN driver should be selected, press NEXT to continue.
- Begin installation by pressing INSTALL.
- Click FINISH to complete the installation of Raven Scanner Pro TWAIN drivers.
Installing a TWAIN compatible scanning application on your Windows PC.
- Open your browser and access the NAPS2 website. (You may also click the link provided in this description to access NAPS2 website.)
- On the landing page press DOWNLOAD NAPS2 6.1.2.
- Select the location where you would like to save the file and then press SAVE.
- Locate the downloaded file and double-click to open the file or right-click and select open. (You may receive a pop-up modal stating "Do you want to allow this app from an unknown publisher to make changes to your device?", select yes.)
- Click OK on the Select Setup Language pop-up after you have chosen your preferred language.
- Accept the License Agreement and press NEXT to continue.
- Destination Location option will appear, press NEXT.
- Start Menu folder is pre-selected, click NEXT.
- You now have the option to create a desktop shortcut, select the checkbox if you would like the icon to appear on your desktop and click NEXT.
- Click INSTALL once you see the Ready to Install pop-up on your screen.
- Press FINISH to complete the installation and open NAPS2 for the first time.
Configuring NAPS2 with your Raven Scanner Pro.
- With NAPS2 open on your Windows PC select PROFILES on the top menu.
- Press the NEW button on the Profiles pop-up modal.
- Enter/Select the listed options
- TWAIN Driver
- Press CHOOSE DEVICE
- Click Raven - Press SELECT
- Resolution (We recommenced 200dpi for most scans.)
- Select OK to finalize your changes. (Please note: change Paper source to DUPLEX in order to scan both sides of a document).
- Once you have completed the above steps, press SCAN to complete your first scan.
- To save your document(s), press SAVE PDF and enter a name for your document.
Now that you have installed the required TWAIN drivers along with a third-party application, you can enjoy scanning directly from the Raven Pro Scanner to your Windows PC.