Connecting your Raven Pro Scanner to your PC enables you to scan using your preferred third-party application.
Follow the steps below to scan from the Raven Pro Scanner to your PC.
Installing Raven Scanner Pro TWAIN drivers.
- Download the required TWAIN drivers for your PC.
- Connect the Raven Scanner to your device. (This requires the use of a USB A to B cable).
- Open the Raven Scanner Pro driver by double-clicking on the .zip file or by right-clicking and selecting Extract files.
- Now navigate inside the folder and select the setup file. (This may also be shown as setup.exe)
- Raven - InstallShield Wizard will appear with Choose Setup Language screen. (Select your preferred language and click next.)
- Raven Setup will now open. Click NEXT to continue installation.
- On the License Agreement screen select YES.
- TWAIN driver should be selected, press NEXT to continue.
- Begin installation by pressing INSTALL.
- Click FINISH to complete the installation of Raven Scanner Pro TWAIN drivers.
Installing a TWAIN compatible scanning application on your Windows PC.
- Open your browser and access the NAPS2 website. (You may also click the link provided in this description to access NAPS2 website.)
- On the landing page press DOWNLOAD NAPS2 6.1.2.
- Select the location where you would like to save the file and then press SAVE.
- Locate the downloaded file and double-click to open the file or right-click and select open. (You may receive a pop-up modal stating "Do you want to allow this app from an unknown publisher to make changes to your device?", select yes.)
- Click OK on the Select Setup Language pop-up after you have chosen your preferred language.
- Accept the License Agreement and press NEXT to continue.
- Destination Location option will appear, press NEXT.
- Start Menu folder is pre-selected, click NEXT.
- You now have the option to create a desktop shortcut, select the checkbox if you would like the icon to appear on your desktop and click NEXT.
- Click INSTALL once you see the Ready to Install pop-up on your screen.
- Press FINISH to complete the installation and open NAPS2 for the first time.
Configuring NAPS2 with your Raven Scanner Pro.
- With NAPS2 open on your Windows PC select PROFILES on the top menu.
- Press the NEW button on the Profiles pop-up modal.
- Enter/Select the listed options
- TWAIN Driver
- Press CHOOSE DEVICE
- Click Raven - Press SELECT
- Resolution (We recommenced 200dpi for most scans.)
- Select OK to finalize your changes. (Please note: change Paper source to DUPLEX in order to scan both sides of a document).
- Once you have completed the above steps, press SCAN to complete your first scan.
- To save your document(s), press SAVE PDF and enter a name for your document.
Now that you have installed the required TWAIN drivers along with a third-party application, you can enjoy scanning directly from the Raven Pro Scanner to your Windows PC.