At Raven, the security of your data is our highest priority.
We keep your documents and data secure so that you can focus on staying organized. See why Raven is the fastest growing brand of document scanners and cloud-based document management software.
Encryption In-Transit and At Rest
- Raven Cloud uses Transport Layer Security (TLS) encryption and 128-bit and 256-bit Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) security for data in transit and at rest.
- Data and files at rest are automatically encrypted with several layers of encryption using 256-bit Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) for all storage buckets and databases.
- Data for file storage is split into chunks, and each chunk is encrypted with a unique data encryption key. Each chunk is distributed across our storage systems and replicated in encrypted form for backup and disaster recovery.
- OAuth authorization protocol is used when connecting to third party cloud services, providing secure delegated access to send documents to your preferred cloud service.
- OAuth generates a token and secret for Raven to use to authenticate, without ever sharing user login credentials to the third party service.
- Access scopes can be limited, allowing users to choose the level of access granted to Raven.
Role Based Permissions
- Raven Cloud account owners can grant and limit user access permissions, with 5 user-friendly roles.
Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA)
Two-factor authentication (2FA) is available requiring additional two-step verification by SMS, Phone or Authenticator App during login.
Ultra Secure Data Centers
- Data centers for document storage include state of the art layered security including electronic access cards, alarms, vehicle access barriers, perimeter fencing, metal detectors, and biometrics. Data center floors are protected by laser beam intrusion detection, and are monitored 24/7 by high resolution cameras and AI-detection for intruders.
- All Raven Cloud data is redundant within at least one geographic place as soon as you upload it; for example, all data is redundant across at least two zones of the same region. Geo-redundancy ensures maximum availability of your data, even in the event of large-scale disruptions, such as natural disasters. Additionally, Raven Cloud has been designed for at least 99.999999999% annual durability, or 11 nines.
Your Documents, Your Data
- Your document data is used only for the purpose of creating and sending documents to your selected destinations.
- Documents are never stored on Raven Cloud unless Raven Cloud is chosen as a destination. When scanning to 3rd party destinations, document data is purged after transit to the chosen destinations.
- Raven will never sell, trade, rent or license your files, images, or other data that originates from your Raven scanning activities or that is stored in your Raven Cloud account, at any time, for any purpose.