Creating a new template within Raven Cloud™ can help organize your data within your documents. Creating custom templates allow you to select data fields for your common document types where it would be helpful to capture specific information. For example, a "Receipt" template could include the vendor name, sales date, subtotal, sales tax and total fields. By capturing data specific to your documents, you can more easily locate documents with advanced search.
Follow the steps below to create a new template.
- Log in to your Raven Cloud™ account.
- Access TEMPLATES option from the left navigation.
- Select the CREATE NEW button from the top navigation.
- After selecting Create New, add your selected field.
- Add a name and description, then select CREATE NEW TEMPLATE to save.
After creating your template, you should see it appear in the available Template list . You can delete any unwanted templates, and also edit your already created templates.
To apply a template to a document and show the template fields, simply open your document and select the template from the "TEMPLATE" drop-down. Available template fields will be displayed for your input. After populating template fields, be sure to click "Save" to store your template data with your document.